10 Reasons Why You Should Vacation in Costa Rica at Portasol LivingJune 6, 2019
Costa Rica is one of the world’s top ecotourism destinations. From the beautiful beaches to the lush rainforest, waterfalls and rivers, this wondrous country has an incredible natural beauty to offer. Epitomizing Costa Rica’s natural beauty and ecological living is the sustainable eco-community of Portasol Living.
1) Costa Rica is a tropical paradise bordered by miles of breathtaking beaches from two oceans – the Pacific and Caribbean. Right near Portasol Living sustainable eco-development, you have nearly a dozen beautiful beaches all within a half-hour or less drive.
2) Costa Rica is one of the most biodiverse countries on the planet and is teeming with wildlife. Portasol’s 1,300 acres of private rainforest is a scene straight out of a Tarzan movie with huge trees and exotic plants. Monkeys scamper along vines, toucans call across the jungle canopy, and sloths hang sleepily in branches.
3) More than 25% of Costa Rica’s territory is protected in national parks and reserves. From Portasol, you can easily visit the famous Manuel Antonio National Park, the Ballena Marine National Park, the Hacienda Baru National Wildlife Refuge, and the Kids Saving the Rainforest Wildlife Sanctuary.
4) For the adventurers, Portasol Living is the perfect place. In the eco-community, you can go hiking, mountain biking, and waterfall swimming. Close by, there are exciting adventures like: zip lining, whitewater rafting, surfing, stand-up paddleboarding, horseback riding, kayaking, sailing, snorkeling, diving, and parasailing. There is literally something different to do every day.
5) Portasol Living is an ideal vacation spot for families with plenty of family-friendly activities for all ages to enjoy, like wildlife spotting, nature hikes, swimming in natural pools, and visiting a sea turtle sanctuary.
6) Costa Ricans are incredibly warm and welcoming, and our local village of Portalon is a great place to experience real, authentic Costa Rican life. Join in a friendly football (soccer) game, stop by the local school, hang out with residents at the community plaza, or buy a typical snack in the pulperia (little general store).
7) Costa Rican food is fresh and flavorful, and at Portasol Living we’ll spoil you with our breakfast feast of traditional dishes like handmade corn tortillas, gallo pinto (rice and beans), free-range eggs, tropical fruits and juices, and Costa Rica’s famous coffee. Dine in one of our local restaurants on freshly caught snapper grilled in garlic (a local specialty!), fish Ceviche, and salty crunchy patacones (fried plantains).
8) Forests are the original antidote to stress and stress-related illness according to the ancient Japanese practice of “forest bathing” (Shinrin-yoku). At Portasol, you can enjoy pure rainforest, pure water, pure oxygen, and pure energy and wellness.
9) You can feel good about helping the planet when you stay at Portasol Living. Costa Rica is the birthplace of ecotourism, and Portasol has won awards for its ecological initiatives. Portasol protects 200 acres of completely virgin rainforest and is part of an extensive wildlife corridor connecting the Central and Southern Pacific Coastal region. In addition, Portasol helps support the local Matapalo Beach sea turtle sanctuary.
10) It’s easy to get here! There are plenty of affordable flight deals available from the U.S., Canada and Europe to San Jose (SJO); then, it’s an easy 20-minute local flight and short 20-minute drive, or an easy three-hour drive to Portasol.